Thursday, September 15, 2011

WiFi

My last without any time at all I had soon reached my last aspect of the ebook, WiFi. For this aspect from personal experience, I already knew that their would be some sort of involvement with a router. But to gain further knowledge on this I researched this in order to find out more and here is what I found on how WiFi actually works:

1) A computer’s wireless adapter translates data into a radio signal and then transmits it using an antenna.
2) A wireless router then receives this signal and decodes it. The router also then send this information to the Internet using a physical, wired Ethernet connection.
This transition of exchange can also happen visa versa.
 


Furthermore  the thing I found most interesting about WiFi was the Did you know facts? In one of them I found that one of the Countries in California called Sunnyvale, in which WiFi was offered city wide for free which has allowed the provider to earn a $1.2 million profit. In contrast to this, the thing I really was antiscipated to hear was that our WiFi speeds has the potential to provide raw data at the rates of 450 Mbps and 600 Mbps in the future. These are incredily fast speeds compared to the average house which only gets about 30-50 Mbps.

Now that I had finally finished with my information for my eBook it was time to edit everything and add some multimedia, in order to make the eBook more appealing !

No comments:

Post a Comment